Visitors to the park must abide by Pennsylvania’s Department of Conservation and Natural Resources state park guidelines which are as follows:
(a) Except as provided in subsections (e) and (f), an owner, keeper or handler of a pet may keep the pet in a State park only in accordance with subsections (b)–(d) and only under the following conditions:
- It is on a leash or is in a cage or crate. If a maximum length of leash is specified by posting, the leash may not exceed the length specified.
- It is attended and under physical control of an individual.
- It does not behave in a manner that may reasonably be expected to disturb or intimidate another person.
- It does not behave in a manner that may cause damage to property or resources.
- Its droppings are disposed of in trash receptacles or outside the park.
- It has been licensed and vaccinated as required by law.
(b) A pet is not permitted in a designated swimming area.
(c) A pet is not permitted in an overnight area unless the area is designated by the Department for pets.
(d) A pet is not permitted in a building.
(e) Subsection (a)(1)–(5) does not apply to a dog being used by a person engaged in hunting or training.
(f) Subsections (b), (c) and (d) do not apply to a guide dog, signal dog or other animal which has been trained to assist, and is accompanying, a person with a disability.